Mewdeko's patchnotes are now only updated on the Github release page.
Version 4.04 - Music Rewrite
- Skipping tracks now actually show the skipped track
- Music now actually skips
- Removing a song wont remove the next song, woops
- The next track will actually play when the current one ends
- Paginators are now async, to make the bot more efficient
Version 4.03 - Music Galore
- Added highlights to .help and /help
- Added the OkColor to starting tracks
- Music now supports twitch streams
- You can now remove a track using its number
- You can now set a music channel to have music events be sent there
Version 4.02 - Highlights
- You can now use the hl command to manage your highlights!
- There is a 10 minute timeout between when a user last types and when it sends them a highlight
- There is a 2 minute global timeout for highlights to avoid rate limiting
- Highlight DMs look like this:
Version 4.01 - Modernization
- The embed builder has now been changed and restructured! But don't worry, all your old embed code still works.
- You can now save the embed code using a url and restore it later in the browser!
- Find it at https://eb.mewdeko.tech
- Fixed suggestions code dramatically
Version 4.00 - The Second Rewrite
- AFK will now be cached properly at startup on each shard. The bot will display a message that says its not cached if you try to use it beforehand.
- Removed any references to .gg/nezuko as I am no longer fond of how theyb manage staff matters.
- Removed the Invite Me! button as even I found it annoying. Support server button will stay on errors in case someone has an issue.
- AFK is now properly applied to names and nicknames to show a user is afk.
- Mewdeko no longer uses Ksoft.si for memes, randomreddit or redditnsfw, we now use MartineAPI. I even made a wrapper for it just to use it properly.
- Database has been separated from the main bot so other parts of the bot can access it.
- AFK is cached to Redis instead of just in code.
- Snipes are now limited to 24 hours for both privacy and memory reasons.
- Added a ship command, more roleplay commands coming.
Big Update: I am working on an API for mewdeko! This will make the future mobile app and dashboard possible, and yes there is a mobile app planned! Stay tuned for design updates and API updates!
Version 3.92 - Confessions (Of my love?)
- Confessions are now in Mewdeko! Do .cmds confessions for more info!
- You can log confessions and who made them. Just beware that I will find you, and tear out your guts if I find you abusing this.
- You can report abusers via the /confessions report command if needed THIS COMMAND CANNOT BE DISABLED FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. Abuse of this command will result in a temporary blacklist from Mewdeko.
- All slash commands now check Mewdekos blacklist and tell you if you are blacklisted
Version 3.91 - Misc Fixes and Changes
- Snipe and a bunch of other stuff will now display the bots invite link as a button! Errors will display the support server link.
- Image command now shows all results it can find!
- google command now goes to duckduckgo if google returns nothing.
- Afk wasn't updating/setting so it was causing mentions to not work.
- AFK now actually updates the name to show a user is afk.
Version 3.90 - Expanding Giveaways!
- Giveaways are now marked finished when they end
- afkdisabledlist no longer says there are no disabled channels when a channel ID contains a 0
- AFK is now cached in memory purely to make the bot faster across the board
- gstart now checks if the bot has permissions to react in the target channel
- Giveaway slash commands!
- Added gemote, so you can change your emote for giveaways!
Version 3.89 - Starboard Rewrite!
- Starboard no longer decides to use the original emote to post in starboard
- Starboard no longer responds to its own messages
- Setting emote is now proper
- Added slash commands to configure starboard!
- Added repostthreshold to set the amount of messages after a starboard message it takes for mewdeko to repost it!
Version 3.88 - Interaction DLC: The First
- Added a button for desktop users to steal an emote, fully compatible with .dpo and regular permission system
- Note for the above: Regular command name is .steal, if you want to change how that button works then use .dpo or the regular permission system on that command
Version 3.87 - Slash DLC: The Third
- Some slash commands have been renamed and have other prefixes. Like for music you have to do /music first to see play, etc
- Disabling modules were not disabling the slash commands under them, after hours of labor I finally fixed that.
- Some commands were failing when using slash commands and responding separately.
Version 3.86 - Slash DLC: The Second
- Slash commands now tell you if you don't have perms for it.
- Slash commands now work with dpo and regular permissions service! Slash command names are the same as their text counterparts so it blocks both.
- Added music based slash commands, all the ones that exist in regular music module
- Added snipe slash commands!
Version 3.85 - The Slash Addons
- Added more slash commands!
- They include stuff from both afk and suggestions, check em out! I stayed up until 4am doing these!
- Fixed suggestions/afk not working properly on first server join
- Role Requirements for giveaways now actually work
- snipes no longer store anything past three days
- Massive memory and cpu usage reduction
- Snipe is now faster, but still accurate
- Bot should be faster overall faster and more scalable
- warnlog now shows the time someone was warned based on your own time
- Help menu had a line that was joined with another, woops
- General stability improvements to enhance the user's experience
- Suggestions can now have a minimum and maximum length using
- Readded and improved playlist stuff
- Added playlists command to show your playlists
- Added playlist command, now supports playlist management using the following:
- play command now supports direct urls and files!
<> - Optional,  - Required
playlist show <playlistname>: Shows the specified playlist. If none is specified it uses the default playlist.
playlist delete [playlistname]: Deletes a playlist using the given name.
playlist create [playlistname]: Creates a playlist with the given name. Fails if therre is a playlist with the same name already stored.
playlist load <playlistname>: Loads the specified playlist, or if none is specified the default one.
playlist save [songname]: Saves a song to the playlist you specify after running this.
playlist default <playlistname>: Sets the specified playlist as yoour default. If none is specified it will show your current default playlist, if set.
- Help menu reworked a bit to make finding modules easier
- doing .cmds Module now tells you how to find help for a command
- Improvements to make the enhance the users experience.
- You can now have up to 30 MultiGreets with 5 per channel, I dont know what you would use it for either but who cares!
- multigreetadd/mgadd: Add the current or mentioned channel to MultiGreets.
- multigreetdel/mgdel: Set after how long a certain MultiGreet deletes. Yes you heard me right, not all, a certain one, means you can control every single MultiGreet!
- multigreetlist/mglist: Lists all active MultiGreets and their properties.
- multigreetmessage/mgmsg: Set a certain MultiGreet's message. Yes this includes setting a different embed for each MultiGreet! Use https://eb.mewdeko.tech along with https://mewdeko.tech/placeholders to configure this!
- multigreetremove/mgrem: Remove either a certain MultiGreet, or if a channel is mentioned remove all MultiGreets for that channel!
- multigreettype/mgt: Set whether to use normal MultiGreet, or use RandomGreet and have Mewdeko pick a random channel to greet in!
- multigreetwebhook/mghook: Allows you to set/remove/redo a webhook for a MultiGreet! Avatar is optional but must be a direct url! Put just the MultiGreet ID to remove a webhook.
- Afk is now listed in the help menu, slash command help menu has been updated as well
- reroli now shows the emote used for each role alongside them as well as how many roles are used
- setmultipleroles renamed to setroles
- sinfo now shows proper guild features
- boosttest now works properly and shouldnt fail
- Fixed several yomama jokes
- Fixed several module names for use with permission commands, this may break some permissions
- Disabling all custom reactions will no longer show a "trigger" warning
- You can now specify a voice channel ID or name before a role in vcrole to avoid needing to actually join the voice channel
- Added crnr to disable the bot saying anything in a custom reaction, automatically makes emotes (if set) react to the trigger word
- Added removeroles command to remove several roles from a user (ex. .removeroles @user role1 role2 etc)
- Added rinfo command, used to show info about a role like its permission integer, its icon etc
- Giveaways are now actually listed in the help menu
- glist has been redone to use message id and not index
- img now tries to use safesearch, cannot guarantee safesearch for imgur lol
- getactiveafks is now way faster, and actually filters by guild
- mute no longer has the annoying minutes addition
- Giveaways can now have role requirements!
- Added an unmuteall command with an optional reason when unmuting. Requires administrator perms.
The Big Things
- Music has been rewritten to be less intensive and allow more servers, as well as added features!
- Playlists cannot yet be loaded but do not worry! They still exist and havent been erased.
The Little but useful things
- Autodisconnect has been fixed and fully works now.
- .play when searching using text now gives you the option to choose between: Playing all it found, playing what you choose, or playing the first thing it found
- afkdisable/afkundisable/afkdisabledlist now actually work
- afkdelete now requires manageguild
- afkview now requires managemessages
- getactiveafks shouldn't take so long anymore
- doing .cmds modulenam for modules with spaces wont error anymore
And that's all for now! Thanks for sticking with me for all this time!
The Big Things
- Mewdeko has been refactored to be faster and stronger for upcoming growth
- Giveaways have been started (more info later on here)
- We are now partnered with discord.gg/nezuko!
- Our mascot is now Black Hanekawa (from Monogotari), since our featureset is thicc and so is she :lolemotehere:
- We now have a codev! After a year and a half of solo development we now have double the dev power! His username in the discord is JayHay#2699
- Reroli now lists each reaction role individually, along with their respective information.
- Listperms is now paginated, instead of using plain text
- Warnlog is now paginated instead of using plain text
- Doing .cmds will no longer have a select menu due to it being a pain in the ass to maintain, lol
- Doing .cmds category now paginates it per subcategory, so if you did .cmds utility it would show each subcategory individually so there's no gigantic embed
- Errors for commands now wont be gigantic and will show you just what went wrong and its usage.
- Pulling up info for a command with .h command now shows both perms needed for the user and the bot.
- Userinfo now shows user type (Admin, Mod, etc), and is also slimmer, with a button to give more info
- Serverinfo is also slimmer, with a button to show more info
- You will see our partners URL when the bot joins your server and sends its join message, when doing .cmds, or viewing command categories
- Suggestions Customization is now a sub category to not confuse new users lol
- Afk no longer shows a random amount of time when using a custom afk message
- Auto roles will now actually give out roles
- Urban Dictionary, and Define will no longer post "unable to find definition" when they time out.
- Randomreddit and any reddit command will no longer load forever and not load anything.
- Internalboobs no longer shows as a command (was an internal method accidentally exposed.)
- Commands that are disabled will no longer show an error message if those are turned on.
- You can now disable commands without using the prefix in the command name
- The bot will no longer randomly hang or restart unless we restart it.
- Boost messages now actually work.
- Banunder and Kickunder now downloads all server members before running to combat tokenraids.
- Disabling the suggest command or module for a user/channel/category will prevent users from posting suggestions in the actual suggestions channel
- afkdel: Allows you to set after how long an afk message is deleted in seconds. Usage .afkdel 30 (30 being the amount of seconds)
- snipelist: Allows you to see the last 5 deleted messages, specify a number after snipelist to see that amount of messages
- gstart: Allows you to start a giveaway. Currently underdeveloped but there will be more
- glist: Lists currently running giveaways
- gend: Ends a giveaway using the number in glist
- vinfo: Shows info for your current or a mentioned voice channel
- vcheck: Checks a url for viruses
- emotelist: Shows the servers emotes. Specify animated or nonanimated to show that type
- leavehook: allows you to set a webhook for when users leave
- deleteroles: Allows you to delete multiple roles at a time, tells you how many users are in those roles
- allcatmdls: Allows you to enable/disable all modules for a category
- catcmd: allows you to enable/disable a command for a category
- catmdl: allows you too enable/disable a module for a category